Traditionally, when you thought of top quality hatchbacks your first thought would have justifiably taken you straight to the VW Golf and Ford Focus. However, that is just no longer the case with rivals, like the Vauxhall Astra, hitting top gear and driving out of the rear view mirror to become a classy alternative with plenty to offer. Here’s why you should consider a used Vauxhall Astra for sale instead of one of its oldest adversaries in the family hatch market:
- Styling – Neither the Focus or the Golf can live with the looks of the Astra; it’s sharp front end lines and sculpted rear make it the most desirable car in the class
- Quality – The Astra really excels with quality being one of its main selling points. The driving console is a great place to be with comfortable seats and chrome finish on many of the console’s dials which adds a touch of quality with all the feel of the higher priced Vauxhall Insignia
- Practicality – The room in the back of the car is extremely impressive for a hatchback with good legroom and the ability to fit your feet under the seat in front. The boot space is average, but helped by a flexible floor to choose the amount of space your require
- Performance – It’s no slouch either with the ability to get you from 0-60MPH in nine seconds. Moreover, you won’t be lacking in power with any of the engines available with even the smaller ones being turbocharged
- Ride and Handling – There is none better in the class for being composed on all surfaces and going around corners. It sticks to the road well and can smooth over any bumps you encounter on your journey with ease
If you are tired of the Golf and Focus options for your family then its time to eye up a used Vauxhall Astra for sale.